Posts for tag: ENT
Could you benefit from a visit to the ENT doctors at West Coast Ear, Nose, Throat in Simi Valley, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks, CA? The doctors treat a variety of conditions and illnesses ranging from sinusitis to sleep apnea to hearing loss.
Make an ENT appointment if you have these symptoms
Ear, nose, and throat doctors treat illnesses and conditions that affect the throat, larynx (voice box), nose, sinuses, ears, and mouth. Call the Simi Valley, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks, CA, ENT office if you're concerned about:
- Chronic Sinusitis: If you've had sinusitis symptoms for three months or longer or have frequent bouts of sinusitis, it's a good idea to see the ENT. Your doctor can offer medications or procedures that ease nasal congestion, pain, headaches, pressure, and other sinusitis symptoms.
- A Sore Throat That Won't Go Away: A sore throat often accompanies a viral infection and usually gets better on its own. Let your ENT know if your sore throat lasts longer than a week or keeps coming back.
- Frequent Nosebleeds: When nosebleeds happen often, your ENT can diagnose the cause of the problem and offer helpful treatments.
- Trouble Hearing: Have you been having trouble hearing lately? Hearing issues can be caused by impacted ear wax, age-related changes in your ear, ear infections, head injuries, exposure to loud noises, and certain diseases.
- Dizziness and Vertigo: Dizziness or vertigo can be related to inner ear issues. Your ENT offers treatments that will prevent or reduce bouts of dizziness or vertigo.
- Ear Infections: Ear infections can happen at any age, although they're particularly common in children.
- Allergies: ENTs can help you deal with sneezing, congestion, coughing, itchy eyes, and other allergy symptoms.
- Voice Changes: Make an appointment with your ENT if laryngitis, hoarseness, or other voice changes last more than a few weeks.
- Loud Snoring and Daytime Drowsiness: These symptoms may be caused by sleep apnea, a dangerous condition that causes short breathing pauses throughout the night. Treatment can help you avoid heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other health conditions related to sleep apnea.
- Other Issues: It's also important to see your ENT if you have trouble swallowing, notice a lump on your neck, or have frequent tonsillitis or adenoiditis.
Is it time for a visit to your Simi Valley, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks, CA, ENTs? Schedule an appointment by calling (805) 379-9646 for the Thousand Oaks office, (805) 527-7320 for the Simi Valley office, (805) 983-0395 for the Oxnard office, or (805) 484-5929 for the Camarillo office.
What your ENT doctors in Ventura County, California, want you to know.
ENT specialists treat conditions related to your ears, nose and throat. Your ears, nose and throat are complex parts of your body, prone to a variety of medical problems and diseases. Your ENT specialists at West Coast Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgery in Ventura County, California, want to share how they can help you.
Conditions which affect your ears, nose and throat can impact your entire body and your quality of life. ENT doctors are experts and can provide a quick, accurate diagnosis of your medical condition. A quick diagnosis leads to rapid, effective treatment, which also can lead to a better, healthier outcome for you.
Your ENT specialists serving Ventura County offer a full range of services to heal you and keep you healthy. There are many diseases and conditions affecting your ears including:
- Adult or pediatric ear infections, which are treated with antibiotics and other methods
- Ringing in your ears, also called tinnitus; this condition may be referred to the otolaryngologist in Ventura County, California, for treatment.
- Hearing problems including hearing loss, which can be remedied with several choices of hearing aids
Your nose can also be a breeding ground for bacteria or viruses. There are many effective therapies for relief of nasal and sinus issues. Your ENT specialist can treat:
- Snoring and sleep apnea, by prescribing devices like the CPAP, to keep your airway open and supply you with oxygen while you are sleeping
- Indoor and outdoor allergies, using the latest allergy testing, sublingual immunotherapy and allergy injections
- Chronic sinus inflammation, using prescription decongestants and antihistamines, nasal irrigation and other methods to clear your sinuses and reduce inflammation
ENT specialists also treat conditions and diseases in your mouth and throat, a complex area of your body which is prone to a number of medical problems. Your doctors can treat:
- Thyroid issues, with prescription medication and other methods
- Mouth ulcerations, with prescription topical medications
These are just a few of the ways an ear, nose and throat specialist can help you. For a more complete list of services available please visit the website at http://www.westcoastent.org/services.html or call your ENT specialists in Ventura County, California. Call today to find out more!