Posts for tag: Acute Sinusitis
How your ENT specialists can help you feel better.
If you are having trouble breathing through your nose, getting bad headaches, and experiencing pressure behind your eyes, you could be suffering from sinusitis. Sinusitis is inflammation of your sinuses, and it can be caused by allergies, an infection, and other causes. Your ear, nose, and throat specialist can help you get relief from acute sinusitis.
The doctors at West Coast ENT Head and Neck Surgery offer a wide range of ENT services, including effective treatment for sinusitis. They have office locations in Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, and Camarillo, California to help you feel better.
The signs and symptoms of sinusitis can make you miserable. When you have acute sinusitis, you may experience:
- Frequent sneezing or coughing
- Chronic headaches and a high fever
- Frequent pressure and pain around or behind your eyes
- A stuffy nose and problems breathing through your nose
- Irritation and pain in your nasal passages and sinuses
- A colored discharge coming from your nose
If you think you might be suffering from sinusitis, you can try:
- Placing a humidifier in your house to moisten air and soothe your nasal passages
- Using a saline solution to irrigate your sinuses and clear out nasal passages
- Taking over-the-counter mucus-thinning medications and decongestants
- Using a decongestant nasal spray to reduce swelling and congestion
For severe cases of recurrent sinusitis, you should see an expert, your ENT doctor. Common professional treatments for acute sinusitis include:
- Prescription-strength antihistamines and decongestants
- Antibiotic medications to clear up any underlying infection
- Nasal sprays and oral corticosteroid medications to reduce swelling and inflammation
- Allergy testing and treatment for underlying allergies
- Surgical therapy including balloon sinuplasty to open up nasal passages and sinuses
You don’t have to deal with acute sinusitis alone. Get some help from your ENT specialist. To find out more about acute sinusitis causes, symptoms, and treatment, call the doctors at West Coast ENT Head and Neck Surgery, with offices in Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, and Camarillo, California. Call today.