When To See an ENT
Could you benefit from a visit to the ENT doctors at West Coast Ear, Nose, Throat in Simi Valley, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks, CA? The doctors treat a variety of conditions and illnesses ranging from sinusitis to sleep apnea to hearing loss.
Make an ENT appointment if you have these symptoms
Ear, nose, and throat doctors treat illnesses and conditions that affect the throat, larynx (voice box), nose, sinuses, ears, and mouth. Call the Simi Valley, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks, CA, ENT office if you're concerned about:
- Chronic Sinusitis: If you've had sinusitis symptoms for three months or longer or have frequent bouts of sinusitis, it's a good idea to see the ENT. Your doctor can offer medications or procedures that ease nasal congestion, pain, headaches, pressure, and other sinusitis symptoms.
- A Sore Throat That Won't Go Away: A sore throat often accompanies a viral infection and usually gets better on its own. Let your ENT know if your sore throat lasts longer than a week or keeps coming back.
- Frequent Nosebleeds: When nosebleeds happen often, your ENT can diagnose the cause of the problem and offer helpful treatments.
- Trouble Hearing: Have you been having trouble hearing lately? Hearing issues can be caused by impacted ear wax, age-related changes in your ear, ear infections, head injuries, exposure to loud noises, and certain diseases.
- Dizziness and Vertigo: Dizziness or vertigo can be related to inner ear issues. Your ENT offers treatments that will prevent or reduce bouts of dizziness or vertigo.
- Ear Infections: Ear infections can happen at any age, although they're particularly common in children.
- Allergies: ENTs can help you deal with sneezing, congestion, coughing, itchy eyes, and other allergy symptoms.
- Voice Changes: Make an appointment with your ENT if laryngitis, hoarseness, or other voice changes last more than a few weeks.
- Loud Snoring and Daytime Drowsiness: These symptoms may be caused by sleep apnea, a dangerous condition that causes short breathing pauses throughout the night. Treatment can help you avoid heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other health conditions related to sleep apnea.
- Other Issues: It's also important to see your ENT if you have trouble swallowing, notice a lump on your neck, or have frequent tonsillitis or adenoiditis.
Is it time for a visit to your Simi Valley, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Thousand Oaks, CA, ENTs? Schedule an appointment by calling (805) 379-9646 for the Thousand Oaks office, (805) 527-7320 for the Simi Valley office, (805) 983-0395 for the Oxnard office, or (805) 484-5929 for the Camarillo office.