Could Sinus Surgery Help Me?
What your ENT specialists in Simi Valley, California want you to know.
Sinus problems can affect your ability to breathe and can keep you from enjoying your life. Sometimes over-the-counter remedies can help temporarily, but often sinus problems become chronic. The answer might be sinus surgery. Your ear, nose, and throat specialists at West Coast Ear Nose Throat Head and Neck Surgery want to share the facts about sinus surgery. They have several convenient office locations in Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Ventura County, and Camarillo, California to serve you.
Sinus surgery can help you if you suffer from:
- Chronic sinusitis or sinus headaches
- Chronic sinus infections affecting your bones
- Nasal or sinus polyps
- Structural or skeletal nasal or sinus issues
- Fungal sinus disease
- Cancer in your sinuses
Sinus surgery has become state-of-the-art and is more comfortable with less downtime than ever before. Some of the types of sinus surgery to consider include:
- Balloon sinuplasty, which is an outpatient procedure involving the insertion of a thin catheter containing a balloon into your nostril. When the catheter reaches a blockage, the balloon is inflated, gently opening the blockage and creating an open airway. The balloon is then deflated and the catheter and balloon are removed.
- Endoscopic surgery, using a thin, lighted tube called an endoscope; the endoscope is inserted into your nostril and guided up into your sinuses. Your doctor can remove polyps and other obstructions to open your airway.
For stubborn, chronic sinus issues that don’t respond to less invasive treatments, open sinus surgery might be indicated. Open sinus surgery is often the treatment of choice for sinus cancer and other serious sinus conditions. The goal of sinus surgery is to remove infected or cancerous tissue and rebuild your sinus.
If you are one of 37 million Americans suffering from chronic sinus problems, it’s time to consider sinus surgery. For more information about whether sinus surgery can help you, call your ENT specialists at West Coast Ear Nose Throat Head and Neck Surgery with offices in Simi Valley, Ventura County, Thousand Oaks, and Camarillo, California. Call today!