Simple At-Home Tips For Relieving A Sore Throat
With the flu season now in full swing, you've got to remain on your guard if you don't want to have to suffer through the typical runny nose, stuffed-up sinuses, and sore throat symptoms indicative of a cold. Unfortunately, many of us succumb to a cold during these winter months despite our best efforts not to, leaving us irritable and in pain until our immune system clears it out.
But at West Coast Ear, Nose, and Throat, you can stop sore throats in their tracks before they've got a vice grip on your neck! Using the expert techniques of the ENT doctors on site, you'll leave happy and your throat will, too, serving as a testament to the fact that your cold symptoms are no longer in control.
If you have a sore throat and want to try to overcome the pain from home, take a look at these helpful tips below:
- Drink more water. This helps flush out your body's toxins (which could be at least one of the reasons your throat is sore) while soothing your burning throat on the way down.
- Warm tea with honey does work. This delicious home remedy soothes and relaxes your irritable throat.
- If you don't already have one, get a steamer (or humidifier). Use it in your bedroom while you sleep for full throat relief the following morning.
- Gargle with warm salt water. Do this several times every day until the pain clears.
- Try over-the-counter pain reliever options. Ones like Tylenol Sore Throat, Advil, or Motrin IB have been found to do wonders for sore throats
- Get plenty of rest. This helps supercharge your immune system so it can fight off whatever's laid claim to your esophageal tract and get your throat back to its normal, painless self in no time.
- Don't eat fatty, citrus, or spicy foods. Doing so will only irritate your throat further!
For more information on how you can keep your throat feeling good this season, give the trusted ENT doctors at West Coast ENT a call today at (805) 484-5929 for the full throat relief you've been looking for right here in Camarillo, CA!